Monday, August 4, 2008

Sunday Night Reflections

Today has been a whirlwind! the Lord continues to amaze me with how He orchestrates things in our services. It never ceases to light me up when He is in control. from the music selection, to the videos produced to the message today - I really felt like everything hit on all cylinders. You might have to ask somebody else if the message was really good, since I am actually the one who preached it?? Anyway, It was good to see our people engaging in community with one another. I love to sit back and watch the conversations taking place around the room. We had a family of 5 join us today for the first time and they have been on our prayer list for months now. God is good! At then end of service the mother and father came up to me and expressed how much they enjoyed service. They informed me that they still had a lot of questions about Jesus that still needed to be answered but they were very pleased with their decision to attend our services today. They told me they were not sure what to expect but what they received was not what they had envisioned at all. I have to tell you- I love hearing that!! It has been a good day. I want to ask you to pray specifically with me that the family mentioned above will continue to ask questions, that God would reveal Himself to them in a way that they will see and understand and that we can be the hands and feet of Christ's love for them while they journey with our community of faith. Pray that they will find passion and purpose in life through a relationship with Jesus Christ. Pray that they will embrace the cross!

No comments: