Wednesday, August 27, 2008

meditations

May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
This is a constant reminder to me about what comes out of my mouth. It is so easy to destroy with words. It is so easy to beat and bruise those around us with our talk. I am praying the Lord would continue to hold my tongue and heal my heart, in the areas that need it. I would be a fool to think that I have this all under control. It is a struggle daily not to allow myself to respond to situations- right when they happen. I tend to respond out of my own volition as opposed to seeking what the Lord truly wants. If I spend time meditating on the way He has called me to live - even in accordance with scripture, where it says to think upon them day and night; I tend to find myself responding in an attitude of humility and authenticity. This is what I want to be about. Lord, teach me to walk in your ways for they are full of loving kindness and truth.

No comments: