Wednesday, August 6, 2008

perseverance

In the first chapter of James it says, " 2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

When reading this scripture and reflecting upon the things in life that I have had to walk through, I am reminded that it is perseverance working itself in me so that I may be mature and complete. It goes on to say even to the point of "not lacking anything" I know that in life, I will come up against many other trials and temptations and my prayer is exactly what we see here in the scriptures. May I consider it joy, when I walk through the valleys - even though it may hurt because I know it builds character and I am confident that the mountain top is ahead

1 comment:

The Missional Position said...

Bro, I have been camping out on this verse for obvious reasons. But this past week it was our key passage for our youth curriculum on Sunday morning, then it was the pastors key passage as well, then you blog about. OK I get it already.