Wednesday, December 30, 2009
I really enjoyed teaching Sunday morning. We finished our series called, "Unwrapping The Gift Of Christmas" If you were not able to attend services this past week you can watch it here at GatewayTV
This week we will be starting a series in James. I am really looking forward to walking through these scriptures with the family at GFchurch. We are praying that the Lord will continue to do amazing things in our own individual lives and the life of the church in 2010.
We will be back on our normal weekly ConnectGroup schedule beginning Tuesday, January 5, 2010.
TuesNite @ 7pm @ The Snow's
WedNite @ 7pm @ The Brown's
Wednite (youth) @ 7pm @ The Snow's
.. I love our church
.. I love our team
.. I love our people
.. I love our community
.. I love what He is doing in us
.. I love what He is doing through us
.. I love that He is not done with us
There are some awesome things coming up in the life of Gateway Fellowship.
.. new ConnectGroup studies by Zach Snow
.. new Creative Arts stuff being led by Scott Finch
.. new way to stay connected with GFchurch Facebook Page
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Trent Brown, Lead Pastor
Gateway Fellowship Church
Sent from my iPhone
Thursday, December 17, 2009
this where the Lord speaks to me. Nothing in front of me but the open
road and oddly enough a bus full of students and sponsors who are
sleeping. Thank you Jesus for all You are and all You do
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
It is pouring down rain, which will make working in the park today a
little more difficult. There has been so much done already but we do
not want to leave without being able to finish some of the other
things we want to do for the community. Pray with us that the weather
will give us a break in order for that to happen.
Last night we had a great group of children at our Bible School.
Tonight we will finish the Bible School up with the carnival that we
have often called The Festival of Lights for Jesus. It has been great
to watch the students of GCS interact with the children and adults of
Sullivan City, TX
We will so have the opportunity to be a part of the Mission Church's
anniversary celebration. So thankful for what He is allowing us to do
and what He is doing in us while working with Primera Iglesia Bautista
Trent Brown, Lead Pastor
Sent from my iPhone
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
I am praying that we will all find our delight in HIM today
1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Kingdom Life Unwrapped
Dr. Mildred Minatrea
Jesus Christ came, lived a perfect life, was crucified, died and placed in a tomb, and rose again in fufilment of the scriptures
..There is salvation is no one else!
..This is the Gospel
..There is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved
If we were to mint a Christmas Coin, it would look like this:
-one side is the crown
-one side is the cross
Thus Jesus is The stone despised by you builders, who has become the cornerstone - verse 11
God's way of commemorating is not in making coins. God's way of commemorating is in the gift of the Holy Spirit
The Spirit leads us for His name and renown. It us not about us! We must live a life that is led by the Spirit. One that causes us to leave it all and give it all for all that He is and what He is doing in and through us
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
We will be:
* working with a mission church in Sullivan City, TX (a ministry of Calvary Baptist Church in McAllen, Tx)
* staying at Valley Baptist Retreat, Mission, TX
* putting together a Christmas themed Vacation Bible School program that tell the story of Jesus
* playing soccer, kickball and other games in order to build relationships with and share the Gospel with the people of the area
* we will be building a community playground, picnic table, and park benches
* painting and doing some small construction work at and around the mission church
* making ourselves available for any other service related projects that may need to be done
* leave from GCS on Saturday, December 12th
* arrive in Mission, TX at Valley Baptist Retreat on Saturday, December 12th
* attend Sunday morning worship at Calvary Baptist Church in McAllen, TX on December 13th
* travel into Sullivan City on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (December 14, 15, and 16) to work with the mission church
* leave Mission, TX on Thursday, December 17th and arrive back at GCS that evening