Monday, August 18, 2008

balance

I sit here this evening with a mind that is spinning -some would say out control. However, I am convinced it is the spinning of the things that I long so desperately to see take place in the life of our church and even in our own lives as individuals. As you know, my tasks at Greenville Christian School have more than doubled with the start of the school year. I am currently the Head Middle School Coach for Football and Basketball as well as an assistant on the Varsity Football Squad and then add to that the Head Softball Coach. If that in itself is not enough, I begin teaching my Leadership Development class this week. For the first semester of school, I will be teaching on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. I am also in charge of the Chapel program which meets weekly on Thursday mornings as well as Co-leading the "Be My Witness" program this year until I take full responsibility of the program next year. Be My Witness is the missional aspect of the school's mission statement. I am also confident that the Lord has not given me anything that I can not do. To be able to invest in the lives of students and adults everyday is a place I love! The Lord has given it to me, and I am thankful.

Please pray with me that I will continue to find Biblical Balance in all that HE has asked of me:
I am a lover and husband of one wife. I am a father of two beautiful children. I am a coach, a teacher, an elder and a pastor.

No comments: