Monday, March 30, 2009

What is the deal?

So I am at a pretty strange place right now. I have to admit that I am praying about a trip to Belize in July and I am not sure I have a definite answer yet as to whether or not I am to go. You see, I have this urge that it inside me that every time something comes up that seems like a good opportunity, I want to jump with reckless abandonment all the way in. To be honest, that is my first gut instinct. My problem however, is the fact that I like to think and I can literally think about something to death even during a time of constant prayer. It may seem as though I am rambling but I promise that this is a strange deal for me. I can not seem to pull the trigger on this one? Is it really bad just to jump at every chance the Lord puts in front of you? Does it mean that every opportunity that you think might be good is something HE has called you too? I can think of some other things in my life, where I jumped too soon or even jumped when in reality, what He was wanting was for me to rest. All this to say, "what is the deal"?

~Will you please pray for wisdom and discernment in my life right now concerning this very specific event. Pray I will not respond out of my flesh but that I would respond according to His plans for me. I do not want to get ahead of Him nor do I want to get behind Him, but I want to be in step with Him.

No comments: