Monday, June 22, 2009

Sunday Reflections

We wrapped up the series, "Who Is My Neighbor And How Do I Love Him" this week and it has been an awesome time for our church body. Many have spent countless hours engaging the community in an effort to understand better "our neighbor". Many have shared stories of being able to meet a need for someone bringing this whole idea of reaching out in love to a whole other level. I am thankful for what the Lord is doing in our church. Statistics would say that we are in a period where the "mega-church" is thriving and that 50 percent of our churches (SBC) today will range from 50-200 in worship on any given Sunday. I am reminded this morning as I read this article Small Churches Can Thrive by Ed Stetzer. Ed talks about how smaller churches can thrive and in doing so they will have to be persistent in prayer and maintain an attitude or a mindset of being outwardly focused. I love the fact that Ed reminds smaller churches that we are not exempt from the call to reach people because of their size.

Gateway Fellowship is continually being transformed into the church that He desires for us to be. I am truly excited about what is taking place in the life of our church. May we continue to have a passion to reach out in love to an unconvinced world. May we do all we can in fulfilling our part of what He has called us to as the Body Of Christ.

I love our church
I love our people
I love our team
I love our staff
I love our elders
I love what He is doing in us
I love what He is doing through us
I love that He is not done with us

No comments: