Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Reflections

I love Sundays.
I love coming together to celebrate what the Lord is doing.
I love our church.
I love our people.
I love our team.

Scott Finch did a great job leading us in worship today at Gateway Fellowship Church. I really enjoyed hearing God's people sing out to their Creator. There was an awesome since of "we are a part of something bigger" this morning. I love when you sense this. I love seeing people when it clicks. We answered the question, "Where exactly is my neighborhood" this morning and really enjoyed preaching this morning. You can go to Gateway TV to see this morning service. It should be uploaded by Monday evening at the latest. Join us next Sunday morning at 10:30 a.m., as we continue our series entitled, "Who Is My Neighbor And How Do I Love Them"

We opened service this morning with Psalm 33.


1 Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous;
it is fitting for the upright to praise him.
2 Praise the LORD with the harp;
make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre.
3 Sing to him a new song;
play skillfully, and shout for joy.
4 For the word of the LORD is right and true;
he is faithful in all he does.
5 The LORD loves righteousness and justice;
the earth is full of his unfailing love.
6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made,
their starry host by the breath of his mouth.
7 He gathers the waters of the sea into jars [a] ;
he puts the deep into storehouses.
8 Let all the earth fear the LORD;
let all the people of the world revere him.
9 For he spoke, and it came to be;
he commanded, and it stood firm.
10 The LORD foils the plans of the nations;
he thwarts the purposes of the peoples.
11 But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever,
the purposes of his heart through all generations.
12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD,
the people he chose for his inheritance.
13 From heaven the LORD looks down
and sees all mankind;
14 from his dwelling place he watches
all who live on earth-
15 he who forms the hearts of all,
who considers everything they do.
16 No king is saved by the size of his army;
no warrior escapes by his great strength.
17 A horse is a vain hope for deliverance;
despite all its great strength it cannot save.
18 But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him,
on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
19 to deliver them from death
and keep them alive in famine.
20 We wait in hope for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield.
21 In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
22 May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD,
even as we put our hope in you.

I love verse 22....

We concluded service this morning with The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

I love what He is doing in us
I love what He is doing through us
I love that He is not done with us
I love that He is calling us to "think missionaly" and "live communally"
I love that we are "Doing Life Together"

No comments: