Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Questions:: Dominican


Questions:

1. What is it that The Lord revealed to you this trip?
2. How can you respond to that revelation?

Another trip to the Dominican Republic is over, and I may be more wrecked than ever. This is a journey that started over 10 years ago, when I made my first trip to the Dominican. The poverty and living conditions that we witnessed will stay forever engrained in my mind. I'm convinced more than ever that, we are doing what HE would have us do for The Kingdom, as we strive the meet needs with love and engage the lives of the "least of these"

Through http://chickenchurch.org we are bringing hope to the hurting. Through a strategic partnership with http://25project.org we are seeing children sponsored, and their lives are being invested in as we bring the light of the gospel to the "least of these".

I have to admit that at times, I'm overwhelmed. There are times when I wonder why HE has given me all HE has in the area of ministry.
I am so thankful for the vision HE has given and entrusted me with in the Dominican Republic, and my prayer is that HE will be our priority, provision, and protection.

For me, I'm wrestling and struggling with the constant pursuit of excellence In everything that HE has for me to put my hands and feet too. I know that it means, at least for now, the continued pursuit of 25project and ChickenChurchOrg and all that The Lord has already opened the doors in.

We have some amazing things taking place right now
-- The answered prayer of a mission house, that Julio and Mercy live in, while, at the same time, will serve as lodging for future teams.
-- The chicken projects are going well
-- The child sponsorship program is underway and looks like we may have a celebration in March, when I return to the DR

All of that to say, my heart is very heavy. There is a weight that I carry that I struggle with. It is the idea that HE has given us so much and , in the end, am I really worthy of it all?

Okay, I understand that doctrinally and theologically, I deserve the wrath of God but He chooses, by His kindness, to extend grace to us which in turn gives us victory over this wrath. A victory that only comes through Jesus doing what only HE can do. It's my job then to respond to however HE choses to reveal Himself to me in my life.

Do you ever wonder why HE gives so much especially, when it is all much bigger than who you are.

I have been clinging to and praying, "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever.

Lord, don't let me get ahead of You are behind You, but let me walk in step with You.

Please help me to understand that You have not asked anything of me that You have not already equipped and prepared me for

-Pray with me for upcoming trips in March, June and July!

No comments: