Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dominican Republic- day2 download

Today was a great day. We went to Santa Alicia in the province of Monte Plata to build chicken coops, play with the children, have backyard Bible club, and continue our talks with Pastor Bona about future ministry opportunities there. The Lord has opened so many doors for us over the past few years. It is truly an exciting thing to see many of our prayers that have been answered. Dreams are becoming reality.

The GCS students were awesome today. The did a great job presenting the Bible story and then spending time ministering and serving the children in this batey. Our students are simply awesome. We also spent time building 4 more chicken coops. Our guys really did well building and putting the finishing touches on a few of the coops.

The big coop that was built here in July of this past summer is full of chickens, and they. Have all gotten so big. They are just a few weeks from starting to produce eggs. Very exciting times for the people of Santa Alicia and Pastor Bona.

This evening, we spent time discussing what all was seen and felt in the batay today. Here are a few of the responses.
-worship is a universal language. Every tribe, every tongue
-our worship is a lifestyle, it has to be
-I stepped in mud today and a girl I the batey took me in her house and washed my feet. I thought I came here to serve her
-I loved how the children would help us do things today. I thought I was going to be serving them
-I held a baby today whose mother ran away to Haiti
-the reality of injustice and how much we have
-love the way the children in The batay worship. Why can't we be like that
-church has to be more than just a gathering of your friends- is our faith a reality
-there is a huge difference between these people and us but at the same time so many similarities
-I wanted to give them my lunch. I felt bad that I was eating and they didn't
-we have everything and they have nothing
-I found the girl we are sponsoring. I loved the little boy leading worship today
-the humbleness of our students getting dirty and serving
- I was wrecked by the way they have to live. It. Hit me like a huge wave
-can't believe people live this way

Highlights of the day





























No comments: