Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dominican Republic day7

We spent the day today at the #TexasRangers baseball academy in the Dominican Republic. What a great opportunity to watch some great talent. Many of the players we watched today, I am certain we will see again on the big screen. It's always a treat to be able to see this kind of baseball. These kids who are 16-19 are the real deal. They love to compete and for most of them this is their ticket out of the Dominican Republic. They truly have a lot at stake when they play. They know and understand that of they are cut from the academy, it's pretty much over for them. At least in the world of baseball.
After a few hours at the academy, we went and spent the afternoon in Boco Chica. The team is tired and I'm pretty certain ready to head home and see their families and hug their children.
Had a great meeting this evening dreaming about things that may become reality in the near future. I love the hearts of Julio and Mercy, my missionary friends here in the DR. I love their transparency and their willingness to partner with us on some things. I honestly believe the Lord is putting together a very strong team of people who have a deep desire to see the gospel lived out in the lives of the "least of these"
I have a few important meetings in the morning about possible ministry opportunities here in the Dominican. Will you join me in praying for the people I will be meeting with and that the Lord would continue to make it very clear what all He has called us to here in the DR.
We will spend tomorrow in the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo, which is always fun. Lots of shops to go through and lots of great food and coffee. Hopefully I'll eat at Hard Rock Cafe tomorrow.

No comments: