Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dominican Republic day3

Today has been a great day here in the Dominican Republic. Our team met early for breakfast and we heaved out to El Cea to worship with the people of that batey. Pastor Chile is doing a great work and we are pleased to be partnering with Him and what he is doing in that batey. This is also the batey that we started our first chicken project in. The coops are looking really good and the chickens will begin laying eggs soon. We are very excited about this project.
Our team was able to take some time during worship this morning and sing some songs and then I had the privilege to preach in their service this morning. I shared this morning in Romans 5 and talked about finding peace with God, and putting our hope in the Gospel. It is always different when I get to share here, because I still need a translator. Therefore, I say a few things and then wait for the translator to speak in to the people in their native tongue. It does however keep me more time to process what I just said and reiterate something if I feel I need too. I love hearing the "amens" as my friend Julio translates the message to the people.
Our team really enjoyed being able to spend time in worship with them and are looking forward to going back in the morning and building more chicken coops and spending some time with the people there as we share the gospel through our bible study times with the children. Our ladies are doing an outstanding job with our VBS.
So much is going on here already. Our team is falling in love with these people and this country and it is exciting to see.
Tonight we grilled out on the beach and had dinner listening to the waves hit the shore. We have had some great times just sitting around and sharing our God moments with each other. I'm sure there are still more to come.
We are planning on finishing the coops in El Cea tomorrow and then the chickens will arrive at both El Cea and Santa Alicia. God is allowing us to do great things here and I'm convinced there is more in store for us in the future.

No comments: