Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Reflections From Sunday

It has been a busy week already. I can't believe it is already Wednesday and I have not been able to find time to do my normal Sunday Reflections. Sunday was another awesome day for us at Gateway Fellowship. We continue to see lives being transformed by the Gospel. I love the fact that our church is diligent in getting involved in the community and being as missional as we can. I know that the word "missional" is being thrown around a lot lately but for us, as a church, we are trying to be as incarnational as we can to our community. It is our desire is to be the hands and feet of Christ in the community that He has put us in. The Lord continues to give us opportunities to do so, and our church family has steeped up in big ways.

Sunday we had an awesome service. The worship was good. I really feel like the sermon was good; (of course, you might have t ask someone else since I am the one who preached it)I really enjoyed preparing for it and teaching it. Our Children's Ministry Team is awesome and I love what the children are learning. We have some awesome things coming up. This weekend, we have our Father/ Son Retreat on Friday and Saturday, April 24-25, 2009. I am really looking forward to getting away and spending some time with my son, Cade. He is awesome and he has an awesome heart for the Lord and His creation. Cade loves animals and can probably tell you anything you want to know about them. He is only 8 years old but he knows an immense amount of knowledge concerning animals. Starting Friday, Cade and I along with other men and their children will spend the weekend together, grilling, fishing, playing and just hanging. I am really looking forward to it.

We also have some things that our Elders are praying towards that deal with our future as a church and the direction that we are headed. God has given us some awesome opportunities and we want to make sure we do not get behind Him or ahead of Him but stay in step with Him and what He is calling us to do as a church.

I love our Church
I love our people
I love our staff
I love what He is doing in and through us
I love that He always keeps us moving forward and doesn't allow us to just sit back

No comments: