Thursday, July 24, 2008

What do you do with fear?

23Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!"

26He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

27The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!" (Matthew 8: 22-27)


I love the story told above about Jesus calming the storm. Do you ever feel like the storms are raging around you and you cant seem to rest? Do you feel like the world continues to bruise and beat you and you do not have anything to stand on? Do you ever feel like the disciples and want to scream, "Lord, Save us! We're going to drown"
I know I have been there before and I love the fact that His word to that cry is, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" I love that I do not have to question if my God is in control. I love that I can rest assured knowing that He will take care of me. I love that He loves me and makes the storms in my life calm! May I forever rest in the promise of knowing I do not have to be afraid about all that is going on - He is in control

No comments: