Thursday, July 3, 2008

"Be holy, because I am holy"

1 Peter 1: 13-16

13Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. 14As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."

As I look at this scripture, I see a few things we all need to take into account on a daily basis:

1. Prepare our minds
2. Be self-controlled
3. Rely on Jesus
4. Do not conform to ignorance
5. Be holy

Knowing this, it leads me to a few questions:

1. Am I diligently preparing my mind with His statutes and principles for my daily living?
2. Am I relying on Jesus for everything or am I , in my humanness, striving for things that are not of Him?
3. Am I ignorant?
4. Would people say that, "I have been with Jesus"

No comments: