Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Are you anxious?

1 Peter 5 :6-7 says, "Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." I am reminded daily that this world is full of ups and downs, bumps and bruises and you never really know what is going to happen next. However, with an understanding that the Lord is in control of all things and that He, just as the scripture says, "cares for me"; why should I be afraid or even anxious about what the day holds? Here are a few things I believe happens when we allow ourselves to be full of anxiety or anxious about what is ahead of us:
*** It divides our mind
*** It destroys our testimony
*** It diminishes our progress
*** It drains us completely

May I live every day knowing that My God is in control and that He has cares for me, therefore I cast off any anxiety that I have and run the race that He has set before me

No comments: