Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Reflections

We began a new series in the NT letter of James this morning. I am excited about walking through this letter with the body of GFchurch. This morning we looked at the first 8 verses of James and have asked the church to read those verses everyday this week. We looked at the scriptural directive to "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance" (James 1:2-3) this morning. Notice the scripture says, "when you encounter" not "if you encounter". Life is full of trials that we will walk through and we need wisdom when we do the walking. we are directed, once again, in scripture to ASK for wisdom. "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him" (James 1:5). I am praying this for our church and for our people. May we continue to ASK God for wisdom in all that we do. In the midst of the trial we will walk through, may we count is or consider it joy because the testing of our faith produces endurance. I am confident that He has called us all the persevere, to endure, to finish the race that is set before us.

I am praying for 2010 and all that He is wanting to do in us and through us!

ConnectGroup schedule beginning Tuesday, January 5, 2010.
TuesNite @ 7pm @ The Snow's
WedNite @ 7pm @ The Brown's
Wednite (youth) @ 7pm @ The Snow's
SunMorn @ 915am @ GFchurch

.. I love our church
.. I love our team
.. I love our people
.. I love our community
.. I love what He is doing in us
.. I love what He is doing through us
.. I love that He is not done with us

There are some awesome things coming up in the life of Gateway Fellowship.
.. new ConnectGroup video studies by Zach Snow
.. new Creative Arts stuff being led by Scott Finch
.. new way to stay connected with GFchurch Facebook Page

No comments: