Monday, January 4, 2010

What I Need From You

I read this blog post from a fellow pastor, who is asking his church to pray for him, and it resonated with my heart so much that I wanted to pass it on to you and ask you to to the same.

Here is what I need from you…PRAYER! Here is what I ask you to PRAY DAILY:


#1 Guard my Heart…

Proverbs 4:23 “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.”

My heart is pulled by so many things, but I want The Spirit of God at the door, opening and closing as He leads.

#2 Guard my Marriage…
Hebrews 13:4 “Marriage should be honored by all…”

God’s plan for me always involves living out an obedient marriage. My call demands it.

#3 Guard my Family…
Job 1:10 “”Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has?”

The enemy will attack whatever he can get his hands on. I don’t want that to be my kids. They are affected by everything in our lives. God is going to use them in a big way, I know He is.

#4 Guard my Ministry…

2 Corinthians 4:1 “Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.”
2 Timothy 4:5 “But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.”

This year is going to bring great challenges and great reward. I want to lead on the micro and macro level this year. God has pruned us and we are ready for much growth. Please pray as God leads.

#5 Guard my Church Family…

Philemon 1:7 “Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints.”

Refreshment is the prayer I pray for our church family. God is going to use them supernaturally this year. I am praying for these specific things in 2010.

If you would agree with me in prayer this year and regularly pray this prayer for me, would you comment here or email me at trent@welcometogateway.org