Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sunday Reflections

I love what the Lord is doing in and through us Gateway Fellowship Church. The service Sunday was awesome. We heard from Scott Finch about his recent trip to Atlanta to serve the flood victims. Scott also did an amazing job leading us in worship this week. We will be looking at a few ways that we, as a church, might be able to continue sending Hope to the flood victims in Atlanta. You can see the video that Scott put together at DeepBreath Media

We started a new series this past Sunday called, "The Parables". Here is a quick look at what we will be looking at over the next few weeks::
1. The Sower [The Four Soils] (Mt 13:3-9,18-23)
2. The Laborers In The Vineyard (Mt 20:1-16)
3. The Wedding Feast (Mt 22:1-14)
4. The Wise And Foolish Virgins (Mt 25:1-13)
5. The Talents (Mt 25:14-30)
6. The Rich Fool (Lk 12:13-21)
7. The Prodigal Son (Lk 15:11-32)
8. The Persistent Widow (Lk 18:1-8)
9. The Pharisee And The Tax Collector (Lk 18:9-14)

This past Sunday, I spoke on, "The Sower". We looked at the Sower, the Seed and the four different types of soils that the Seed falls on. It gave us a very direct look at how we are living and what the soil looks like. Have you responded to the truth but you are you being choked by the thorns of life (the cares and pleasures of this world)? Maybe you have allowed your heart to become so hardened and calloused that you have chosen to reject the truth of what Christ has done for us all. Or maybe the seed has fallen on good ground? If you want to talk about this more after reading it, please feel free to contact me. I would love to talk with you

Join us this Sunday as we take an in depth look at The laborers In The Vineyard. I am really excited about this series and the truths that it hold for all of us.

.. I love our church
.. I love our team
.. I love our people
.. I love our community
.. I love what He is doing in us
.. I love what He is doing through us
.. I love that He is not done with us

There are some awesome things coming up in the life of Gateway Fellowship.
.. new ConnectGroup studies by Zach Snow
.. new Creative Arts stuff being led by Scott Finch
.. new way to stay connected with GFchurch Facebook Page

No comments: