Wednesday, July 29, 2009

why did Christ come?

1. Matthew 5:17 - He came to fulfill the law
..."Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
2. John 12:46 - He came as a light into the world
..."I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness.
3. John 10:10 - He came that we might have life
..."The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
4. Matthew 9:13 - He came to call the sinners to repentance
..."But go and learn what this means: 'I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
5. Matthew 10:34 - He came to bring a sword
..."Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."
6. John 9:39 - He came to bring about judgement
... And Jesus said, "For judgment I came into this world, so that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may become blind."
7. Matthew 10:35 - He came to set man at variance
... "For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;
8. John 18:37 - He came to be a King
... 37Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say correctly that I am a king For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice."
9. John 6:38 - He came to do the will of the Father
... 38For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

No comments: