Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Students are off to camp






Our students and staff left for Youth Camp this morning. Would you join with me in praying specifically for the following campers and staff:





~Nate King - youth pastor
~Susan Snow - youth leader
~Jordan Davis
~Jeremy Andrews
~Nathan Butler
~Aaron Vinson
~Allie Vinson
~Zailey Blakeslee
~Britney Andrews
~Meaghan Brown

Youth camp....the memories. I remember going as a student to many youth functions but the one that stands out the most is the one that took place in the summer of 1991. This is the camp where Christ radically changed my life. It was the starting place for what He had in store for me. I can also remember the 15 years of youth camps and trips that I went on as the Youth Pastor and having the awesome privilege of seeing lives being changed, just like mine was in 1991. There is something about youth camp that drives us. There is something about getting away from the hustle of the world and just hanging with friends, forming new friendships and allowing the Lord to do what only He can do. In 1991, I was not there by chance, God had intended for me to hear what was being preached. This is my prayer this week for our students and staff. May you hear the words that the Lord has in store for you and may it be applied to your lives so that true transformation can take place. This year's camp is a little more special to me because my daughter, who is now in the 7th grade will be enjoying her first youth camp experience

No comments: