Monday, July 20, 2009

Sunday Reflections

We talked about FEAR yesterday morning and I really enjoyed preaching on this topic. We looked at the scriptures in Matthew 10: 16-31 where Jesus begins to talk to the disciples preparing them for their ministry to the community and the fact that they will face new challenges and things that may even cause them to fear. A few things to remember when dealing with fears. Although many of us fear things such as death, illness, clowns, and spiders~ there is really only one thing to fear and that is The One who is able to destroy both soul and body (Matthew 10:28). There are a few things to remember when walking through the things that "we" count ourselves to be fearful of. Here they are:
1. God knows everything
2. God cares for us
3. God is in control of everything
4. God is with us
We had a great Sunday! The worship led by Scott Finch was awesome and it was great to hear the congregation engage in worship through song. Our YARD staff, which works with our children, were on spot yesterday morning. I love to see people who are passionate about teaching children and are willing to do "whatever it takes" to get the job done. A big shout out to The Yard Staff!! We will be talking about "boundaries" next Sunday, July 26th. I am already looking forward to preaching on this topic

~ I love our church
~ I love our people
~ I love our team
~ I love what HE is doing in us
~ I love what HE is doing through us
~ I love that HE is not done with us

No comments: