Monday, January 3, 2011

Dominican Recap #5


This is what Morgan Jones had to say about her recent trip to the Dominican Republic.

"All throughout the trip we were told, "when you leave the DR you will leave a part of you're heart here", and I always kinda laughed it off when they said it and never took it seriously but now that I am home and have been for a while, I've started to realize that I really did leave part of my heart there. I miss all of the children so much. Sometimes when we were playing with them I would get so annoyed with them crawling all over me but now I honestly miss it. Although I couldn't communicate with the children all that much because of the language barrier, relationships formed between me and several of the children that I thought would never happen. Since I've returned home, I often find myself pulling out my camera or going to Facebook to look at pictures from the trip. It kind of helps me relive the memories from the trip and gives me the motivation to help the children in the Monte Largo and Dos Hermanas bateys by prayer and also by giving money once a month to a child there. This trip to the DR really changed my life in ways I didn't think were possible and I am so blessed to have been provided with an opportunity to go and spread the gospel with many people in the DR"



No comments: