Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Reflections

Service was great today at GFchurch I had a really great time preaching over the parable of the rich fool this morning. We looked at a few specific things. The first was the fact that we have to look beyond ourselves. The second is that we have to look beyond today. Are we really building His kingdom or are we building our own? In the parable we see that the landowner, because he had many crops and had run out of room to store them, decided to tear down his little barns and build bigger ones so he could store up his treasure. Scripture even states that the landowner was telling himself to ease up, eat, drink and be merry because he had done well and accumulated much. However, Jesus calls him a fool and tells about the difference between those who store up treasure for themselves and look only to themselves and those who set their minds on His kingdom and what He has called for them to do.

13Someone in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me."

14Jesus replied, "Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?" 15Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

16And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. 17He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.'

18"Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." '

20"But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'

21"This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God."


If you missed the service this morning, you can catch it at GatewayTV.


This week, we move forward with our change in our connect group times. We are going to take those of you who are currently meeting on Thursday night and ask you to join either the Tuesday night group or the Wednesday night group. We will be birthing a few more groups out of our existing groups once we have a general consensus as to the day of the week most preferred to meet on. The groups will still meet at 7pm on a weekly basis.

We will also be launching a Sunday morning connect group that will meet at 9:15 am at the church. Mark your calendars for November 29, 2009. This is the day we will kick off our Sunday morning ConnectGroup.


Here are a few things coming up in the life of our church:


11.21 Gateway N Gear (working with Habitat for Humanity)
11.22 GFchurch Thanksgiving Feast
11.29 Sunday ConnectGroup

12.04 GF Ladies Ornament Exchange
12.20 Pastor's Open House
12.31 This is A New Year


.. I love our church
.. I love our team
.. I love our people
.. I love our community
.. I love what He is doing in us
.. I love what He is doing through us
.. I love that He is not done with us

There are some awesome things coming up in the life of Gateway Fellowship.
.. new ConnectGroup studies by Zach Snow
.. new Creative Arts stuff being led by Scott Finch
.. new way to stay connected with GFchurch Facebook Page

No comments: