Thursday, February 26, 2009

do you know your purpose?

after reading and reflecting on psalm 139, I am reminded of how great our God is. The fact that he is all-seeing, all-powerful, all-knowing and everywhere present. He knows us and He is with us at all times even when we think He is not, and he longs for us to know Him. The psalmist states that the Lord has examined his heart and knows everything about him. He goes on to say that the Lord charts the path ahead of him even telling him where to sit and rest. He speaks of the Lord both preceding him and following him and even placing his hand of blessing upon his head - to the point to say that such knowledge of God is too wonderful for him. How great is our God that He is and does what He says he does. How great is it that no matter where we are or where we go, we are never out of the presence of His Spirit. How great is it to know that He alone is charting my path before me, even to the point of going before me and behind me while at the same time teaching and telling me when to sit down and rest. I have to be honest and say, that I long for those times that He tells me to be still and know that He is God. May you find rest today in your Creator as He calls for you to sit and be still - take a moment today to rest by the quiet waters and know that He has charted the path ahead of you.

~If you want to know more about your purpose in Christ, I would love to hear from you.

No comments: