Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday Night

It is Saturday evening and like most Saturdays, I am having a hard time resting. I am excited about what tomorrow hold for us at Gateway Fellowship and I am pumped about sharing Part Two of the series in 2 Peter. I spoke with a friend this evening via Facebook Chat (I must say, I love technology) and as we spoke she said she would be praying that "God moves in a mighty whirlwind tomorrow morning at your church." What awesome words and even better prayer. I am so thankful the the Lord has surrounded me with prayer warriors (some local, some regional, and some via the Internet). I am excited that my friend is praying for the whirlwind of God to show up tomorrow!

I am constantly reminded what it is that He has called us to. The Lord has put a calling on His church to be the voice of helping unfold the manifold wisdom of God. What does it look like for the church to embrace and engage the community around it? What does it look like for us to really "do life together"? All of these are things that we are constantly trying to answer as we exegete the community the Lord has called us to. Pray, this prayer with us, "Lord, would you fall on us like a mighty whirlwind"

And to my dear friend, Thank you for creating a picture of His Whirlwind!

1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

Isn't God so good to us?!? I cannot wait to see the power He will unleash in your midst!

I love me some technology too. I'm stalking Hawkins until he emails me back!!

Can't wait to minister together again. :)

PS My mom is praying for your congrgeation too...Now that's some prayer, dude.