Monday, December 20, 2010

Wow, what a week


It is 6:39 am in Santo Domingo, and I think I may be the only one up. It has been almost two weeks since my last post and I have so much to share. I have been in the Dominican Republic with 14 students and 2 adults since December 11th. This is my 4th trip to this country and I fall more in love with it every time I come. I tend to always leave a portion of my heart here, when I leave.
The Lord allowed us to do some amazing things while we were here and I am looking forward to transcribing my daily journal into a blog over the next few days and weeks. We worked with the bateys called Monte Largo and Dos Hermanos and started some amazing relationships with the men, women and children of those bateys. Mercy and Julio, our Dominican contacts, were a joy to work with. I am really looking forward to our future together, as we schedule and plan more trips. We also spend some time with Pastor Manny and his family. They are church planters here in the Domincan. We are gettings things ready to fly back to Dallas today, so I have lots to do but will be sharing very soon all that the Lord has done in us, to us, and through us

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the "awesome" picture of the DR group. Also, thanks for the updates when you were able :)
Thank you for leading out with this group and exposing our children to a very real and "get out of our comfort zone" experience......
We can't wait to soak up all that Brianna experienced as she shares with our family the Lords work done in the DR
Blessings ~Jeff & Ddee Fauley