Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reflections From Sunday

The Lord continues to amaze me at what He is doing in the life of our church. There is not a week that goes by that I am continually reminded why He placed us here for this chapter in our life. The conversations and prayer times that I have had after services the past few weeks, have all been subtle reminders. Thank you Lord. If you have missed the services the last few weeks, you can catch them here at GatewayTV

We have been studying the "I Am" statements that are found in the Gospel of John as we look at what Jesus said about himself. We see that He tells us that He is the "I Am". He tells us He is "The Bread of Life". He states that He is "The Light of the World", "The Gate" and this past week we looked at the fact that He is "The Good Shepherd".

Here are the notes from Sunday's Message::

John 10:11-21


11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. 13He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. 17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again.This charge I have received from my Father."

19 There was again a division among the Jews because of these words. 20Many of them said, "He has a demon, and is insane; why listen to him?" 21Others said, "These are not the words of one who is oppressed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?"

The Shepherd::

* is authoritative (sheep know and hear His voice)
* is a protector (He lays down his life for his sheep)
* is a rescuer (He leaves no one behind. He goes after those who have gone astray)
* is devoted (He is invested in his sheep, he commands authority, provides protection, and rescues us)

I will be leaving on December 11th to the Dominican Republic for a mission trip with Greenville Christian School, where I teach and Bible and serve as the Spiritual Life Director. Will you please pray for our trip and our team as we share the Gospel of Christ with the Haitians and Dominicans.

Zach Snow will be teaching on December 12th and 19th. He will be walking the church through the statement made by Jesus that He is "The Resurrection and The Life" and the fact that He is "The Way, The Truth and The Life"", which will conclude our series over the "I AM" statements

We will have "Family Worship" on Sunday morning, December 26, 2010. We will have coffee and conversation, as usual, at 10:100 am and worship at 10:30 am.

Here are a few things coming up in the life of our church::

...Pastor's Open House on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
...Family Worship on Sunday, December 26, 2010



ConnectGroup Schedule::

TuesNite @ 7pm @ The Snow's
WedNite @ 7pm @ The Brown's
SunMorn @ 930am @ GFchurch (Youth)


I love our church
I love our people
I love our team
I love what He is doing in us
I love what He is doing to us
I love what He is doing through us

No comments: