Monday, May 25, 2009

Sunday Reflections

It has been a crazy week. I flew out on May 14,2009 with the Senior class from GCS for their Senior Trip to DC and NYC. We spent 3 days in DC and then chartered a bus into NYC. I have to admit, I love NYC and had dreams of moving there at one point in my life. We spent Sunday Morning at Brooklyn Tabernacle (which I must say, was really cool) then we headed out to the Yankee Game, which was yet another awesome event. Enough of my little trip. I flew back in around 12:30 a.m. into DFW on Wednesday, May 20, 2009 and was at school by 7:20 a.m. to finish out prepping for the Final Exam I need to give for my class, as well as catching up an all that I missed. I also had a root canal on Thursday morning followed by the fact that I had been given the awesome privilege of being the guest speaker at the 2009 Graduation for Greenville Christian School(GCS). I then spent some time with a very good friend on Saturday to celebrate his 50th birthday. Dennis, you are a true friend and I wish you the best.

It was good to back with my GFC peeps on Sunday Morning. Scott Finch did an outstanding job leading worship this past Sunday. He is doing a great job with the band and leading the team. Our children's ministry continues to do awesome things. This coming Sunday evening, May 31,2009, we will be ending the "Bright Knight" series, which was created by Aaron Ott during our regularly scheduled SNL (Sunday Night Live) and we are looking forward to a great crowd as we invite parents to experience what their children have for the past 15 weeks.

I love our church
I love our people
I love what God is doing in us
I love what God is doing through us
I love that He is not done with us
I love that He has a plan for us
I love that we have a team that is willing to take risks
I love our elders
I love that we are "Doing Life Together"

This past Sunday, I spoke on the fact that we were Created For Community. In Genesis 1 we see that the Lord created all things and said that it was good. We continue to read that even in the midst of man being in the beauty of God's creation, the Lord said "it is not good for man to be alone". You see we were created to be in community with others. I am praying that the Lord will continue to strengthen in us the idea of what "true biblical community" looks like and that we will step in obedience to what He asks of us.

No comments: