Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Heaviness

My heart is heavy. Email after email describes the tight financial strain that many in our church are feeling right now with the economy the way that it is. It is a ceaseless reminder that we are to pray at all times. I can not help but wonder, if this is exactly where he want us to be anyway. Is it not true that He desires for us to be in total dependence upon Him? It is times like this that when we make it to the other side of the turmoil, that we look back and understand that it is only the Lord that gets us through these difficult times. It is not of our own volition or strength but it rests on Him, the author and perfecter of our faith. I am reminded in scripture that I am "to come to Him when I am weary and He will give us rest. To take His yoke for His burden is light- He will give us rest" In times like these, where we all struggle to make ends meet financially,I pray that He will be the source of our strength and comfort. will you rest in Him today, knowing that He is the God of our provision~ it may not come in the form or the means in which you think it should- but it will come!

No comments: