Monday, October 13, 2008

Brandon Cade Brown

I spent some time this morning praying for my son. As I watch him grow, I am reminded that I honestly believe that many leaders are born leaders. I can not help but believe that my son, even at the age of seven is leading many of those around him. I have a picture of his baptism on my desk that my wife had framed for me as a present. As I looked at it this morning and began to reflect back on that special time it took me to this blog post that I had made:

Monday, December 04, 2006

*great night!

last night at church we had the Lord's supper. it was an amazing time for us as a body of believers and i truly felt like it drew us closer to one another as a community. the worship and reflection time was beautiful and before we started, my son walked into church and noticed the bread and juice and asked if he could have some. natalie responded by saying that we were fixing to participate in the Lord's supper and that it was a time set aside to remember all of the things that Jesus has done for us and that as a church, we believe that only believers should participate in it. all of this led to me sitting down with cade, in the hallway of our church, and him telling natalie and i that he wanted to be a christian, because he did not want to die and live with the devil. what am amazing statement from a nearly 6 year old boy. we began to talk about what it meant to be a christian and he said he understood that we do bad things and we need Jesus to forgive us of those things and that he wanted to be a part of Jesus' family. after making sure he knew and understood all that we were talking about, i asked him if he wanted to pray to Jesus to forgive him of his sins and become a christian and be a part of Jesus' family. in the hallway of our church, cade brown prayed to receive Jesus christ as his Savior on December 3, 2006 at 6:50 p.m. i failed to mention that we were supposed to begin the Lord's supper at 6:30 but the family of gateway erupted in joy and stood and clapped as i shared with them that my little boy had just accepted Christ - although i am certain they knew what was going on and they were praying for us!
o 5:20 PM



I am praying for my son today. I am praying that he will lead those around him well. I am praying that he will continue to foster his very fragile heart. He has a passion for those who are hurting and are in need. I learn from him daily!

No comments: