Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Meaghan's Notes~ part 4 of Hebrews 6

Once again, I am sharing the notes that my daughter took over the sermon this week over Hebrews. This week we looked at Hebrews 6: 13-20, of course we needed to take a tour in Genesis in order to put Abraham's promises / oath into perspective.

Hebrews 6:1-20 (part4)
The Certainty of Gods Promise
...God never ever turns away genuine repentance, EVER!
Hope, we can find hope in Jesus
Rest in the full assurance of hope until the end.
'Surely I will bless you and multiply you'
This leads us to look at Geneses
Gen12:1-15:1-22:1-
..Great nation, bless you, make your name great, you Will be a blessing, you Will bless those who bless you, whoever curses you I Will curse them, and all the peoples on earth Will be blessed through you..
...I am your shield your very reward.. Abram believed the Lord..God credited him with righteousness..
...you fear God...because you have done this I will surely bless you..
..I swear on my name

Back to Hebrews..
Move from a promise to a covenant oath..I swear by my name by myself..
If you swore in Hebrew time and went against it you broke a commandment..
...'We who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us..'vs18
Our hope must be sure!
Our hope can not be subjective~based on ourself ..... it must be objective~ based on Christ..
Anchor..you are grounded to Jesus;
make him your anchor for your soul..Grounds us..hold you still in one place,
word of god tells us to continue to move..do not become sluggish.. be imitators..patientce / waiting
... walking in the truth of your ways, we wait on you for your name and renown are the desires of our hearts
You can find clarity in Christ alone when you anchor yourself to him..
Hold fast..when you love you love well when you greave you greave well..
Is 26:8 Wait!
God keeps us by our Faith
What will you rest in? Hope of the gospel..

Meaghan

No comments: