Sunday, August 14, 2011

Puritan Prayer~ Savior



God of all grace,

You have given me a Savior,
produce in me a faith to live by him,
to make him all my desire,
all my hope, and all my glory.

May I enter him as my refuge,
build on him as my foundation,
walk in him as my way,
follow him as my guide,
conform to him as my example,
receive his instructions as my prophet,
rely on his intercession as my high priest,
obey him as my king.

May your dear Son preserve me from this present evil world,

so that its approval never tempt,
nor its disapproval terrify,
nor its vices defile,
nor its errors delude me.

May I feel that I am a stranger and a pilgrim on earth,
declaring plainly that I seek a country,
my title to it becoming daily more clear,
my desire for it more perfect,
my expectations of it more abundant;
and whatsoever I do may it be done
in the Saviour’s name.


.... May I have the faith to live by him,
to make him all my desire, all my hope, and all my glory

.... I love the words to Tomlin's "All My Fountains". May these words ring true for us as we live our lives in such a way that is worthy of the gospel. May we drink from the living water. May we acknowledge his strength. May we understand that He truly is all we need. All our fountains are in Him. Rain down on US

Chris Tomlin, "All My Fountains"

Verse 1
This dry and desert land
I tell myself, “Keep walking on”
Hear something up ahead
Water falling like a song
An everlasting stream
Your river carries me home
Let it flow, let if flow

Verse 2
A flood for my soul
A well that never will run dry
I've rambled on my own
Never believing I would find
An everlasting stream
Your river carries me home
Let it flow, let it flow

Chorus
Open the heavens
Come Living Water
All my fountains are in You
You're strong like a river
Your love is running through
All my fountains are in You

Bridge
Come on, and rain down on us
Rain down on us, Lord

No comments: