Thursday, March 31, 2011

GFchurch Update

There are a lot of new things happening in the life of our church Gateway Fellowship. We finished the series, The Marks of a Disciple and have begun a new one called The Psalms of Ascent. If you have not been able to attend services, you can catch up right here at GatewayTV.

Our Connect groups are meeting on a weekly basis and we are studying the scriptures together, praying for one another, and doing life together. It is truly an exciting time in the life of our church. If you are not involved in a Connect Group, I urge you to prayerfully consider joining one and investing in the life of the Body of Christ.

This past week, as we began The Psalms of Ascent, we looked at Psalm 120

A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem.
1 I took my troubles to the Lord;
I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer.
2 Rescue me, O Lord, from liars
and from all deceitful people.
3 O deceptive tongue, what will God do to you?
How will he increase your punishment?
4 You will be pierced with sharp arrows
and burned with glowing coals.

5 How I suffer in far-off Meshech.
It pains me to live in distant Kedar.
6 I am tired of living
among people who hate peace.
7 I search for peace;
but when I speak of peace, they want war!

We discussed the fact that we are called in to a pilgrimage with the Lord. We are not just a group of nomadic people journeying from one place to the next, not really having a destination. We, as believers in Jesus Christ, have a destination. We have a home.
We looked at how this psalm or song, which was repeated by the Jewish pilgrims as they made their ascent to the temple, applies to our lives today as believers. We talked about crying our in our distress, about being surrounded by a culture that hates the things of God but yet learning to be in the world but not of it. We learned to love the things that He loves and hate the things that He hates. We looked at the fact that we have to remember the grace He has bestowed on us, in order to help us temper our judgments on those around us. We must seek peace even in a culture that may desire the opposite.


Here are a few ways to stay connected with our church::
Gateway Fellowship Facebook
Gateway Fellowship Twitter

Here are a few things coming up in the life of our church::
...Men's Breakfast, Saturday, April 16th @ 8am
...6th Annual Egg Smash, Saturday, April 23rd
...Easter, Sunday April 24th



ConnectGroup Schedule::

ThursNite @ 7pm @ The Snow's
WedNite @ 7pm @ The Brown's



I love our church
I love our people
I love our team
I love what He is doing in us
I love what He is doing to us
I love what He is doing through us

No comments: