Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Quote~ Tullian Tchividjian

“I’ve come to realize that once God rescues sinners, his plan isn’t to steer them beyond the gospel, but to move them more deeply into it.” The gospel is not simply a once-and-done phenomena. The gospel is more than just the forgiveness of sins. It is the redemptive arc of God’s creation, fall, redemption, and the new creation"

~Tullian Tchividjian

The Gospel has to become the central focus of our lives. We must live our lives in such a manner that is worthy of the Gospel of Christ. As I continue to wrestle with the Scriptures, I am continually reminded of my need for the gospel and it's sanctifying work in my life. It is more that just the initial justifying, regenerating work. It compels me to live in such a way that my life matches my positional sanctification as the Holy Spirit progressively compels me to become more like Jesus

No comments: