Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Things The Lord Hates

"16 There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: 17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil,19 a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers." Proverbs 6: 16-19

As you see stated in the Scripture, these are the things that the Lord hates.
1. haughty eyes
2. lying tongue
3. hands that shed innocent blood
4. a heart that devices wicked plans
5. feet that run to evil
6. a false witness
7. one who sows discord among brothers

Here is the same text as found in The Message:

16-19 Here are six things God hates,
and one more that he loathes with a passion:
eyes that are arrogant,
a tongue that lies,
hands that murder the innocent,
a heart that hatches evil plots,
feet that race down a wicked track,
a mouth that lies under oath,
a troublemaker in the family.

Here is what I am praying today:
Lord give your eyes so that I can see people like You do. Keep me from having eyes full of arrogance. Give me your heart so I can love people like you do. Keep me from having evil thoughts. Give me your mouth so that I can speak like you speak. Keep me from having a tongue that lies. Give me your ears so that I can hear people like you do. Keep me from hearing things in my humanness, but allow me to rely on you Spirit that leads and guides me for Your names sake. Teach me to pursue peace in all that I do and lead me in Your Truth.

No comments: